Tension Sensor FSP-422
4 Tension ranges available
from 0 - 100 cN up to 0 - 1000 cN
Stationary electronic tension sensors with non-rotating ceramic pins for threads and fibres
Max. line speed 6000 m/min
Tension sensor with RS-422 output for multi station system and connection to a with PC
Special features of the RS-422 interface:
- Up to 32 sensors with different tension ranges and designs may be connected in one line (data transfer max. 200 readings/sec.)
- Connection to RS-232 using a converter (RS-422 – RS-232).
- The RS-422 signal can be used for a single sensor over a distance of 1000 m.
- Each sensor can individually be addressed and set up
- Can be connected to PLC controls with digital input
- Simple connection to BUS-Systems using gateways
|Model||Tension Range||Measuring Head Width*||SCHMIDT Calibration Material**|
|FSP-50-422||0 – 50 cN||64 mm||PA: 0.12 mm Ø|
|FSP-100-422||0 – 100 cN||64 mm||PA: 0.12 mm Ø|
|FSP-200-422||0 – 200 cN||64 mm||PA: 0.12 mm Ø|
|FSP-500-422||0 – 500 cN||64 mm||PA: 0.20 mm Ø|
|FSP-1000-422||0 – 1000 cN||64 mm||PA: 0.30 mm Ø|
Other measuring units available, such as g.
* Outer dimensions of front plate
** Suitable for 95 % of applications PA = Polyamide Monofilament
Calibration to customized material:
If process material differs significantly from the SCHMIDT calibration material in diameter, rigidity or shape, special calibration using customer supplied samples is recommended. For this purpose a material sample of about 5 m should be supplied.
|Calibration:||According to SCHMIDT factory procedure|
|Accuracy:||±1 % full scale and ±1 digit or better|
other calibration material:
±3 % full scale and ±1 digit or better
|Overload protection:||100 % of tension range|
|Measuring principle:||Strain gauge bridge|
|Measuring roller deflection:||Max. 0.5 mm|
|Natural frequency:||Approx. 500 Hz, depending on tension range|
|Signal processing:||Digital 12-bit A/D converter, Internal averaging up to 4 s|
|Communication frequency:||200 readings/s|
|Temperature drift:||Less than ±0.05 % full scale/°C|
|Output signal:||RS-422 (57600, 8, N, 1)|
|Temperature range:||10 – 45 ºC|
|Air humidity:||85 % RH, max.|
|Power supply:||+15…24 V DC, 50 mA (regulated)|
|Weight net (gross):||Approx. 320 g (approx. 420 g)|
Specifications subject to change without notice!
|Order-Code||Line Speed vmax. … m/min||Pin Material|
|Standard||6000||Aluminium-oxid ceramic Ø 5.2 mm|
- Software Tension Inspect 3
For displaying and saving readings on a PC (Win XP and higher; 32 Bit und 64 Bit).
– Real-time reading
– The readings are also shown in a X-Y- diagram (time/date-tension)
– For data analysing the buffered diagram can be zoomed and scaled
– Recording of the buffered readings as CSV-file (on user request)
– Download of values to Excel
Software for 4, 8, 12, 16, 24 or 32 sensors are available.
Serial Port Converter from RS-422 to RS-232 with terminal strip.
Order number: EBG800
- Connecting Cable Cat 5 with open ends
Cat 5 cable with open ends for RS-422/RS-232 converter and power supply to connect the last sensor. Length 3 m.
Order number: EK0715
- Connecting Cable Cat 5
Cat 5 cable for series connection of FS sensors, length 3 m.
Order number: EK0711
- RS-232 Connecting Cable
Connecting cable for connecting EBG-800 converter to PC, length 2 m.
Order number: EK0643
- Mains Adapter
Recharger with 4 adapters (EU/USA/UK/AUS-NZL) for worldwide use,
100 – 240 V AC
Order number: K50204