Tension Meter DXT
9 Tension ranges from 10 - 50 cN to 5 - 20 daN
The tension meter is equiped with both-sided flanged outside guide rollers for better filament guide
- The analog display shows changing and fluctuating tensions fast and enables an optimal process adjustment
- Tape rollers with contact surface from 7 mm up to 50 mm are available
- Dual-flanged outer guide rollers with various widths for better filament guide
(single-flanged rollers optional, recommendable if the material beeing measured is wider than the tape roller)
- Roller shifting mechanism ensure easy acquisition of the running material
- Built-in mounting holes permit fixed installation for online use
- Special finger support located on the rear side reduces the effort to move
|Finger Support: We recommend |
mounting a finger support for
higher tension ranges
- Calibration to customer supplied material is available
- Everything in operator’s view:
- the guide rollers
- the measured material
- the readings
- Tape rollers, ball-bearing mounted
- Each instrument is individually calibrated for highest accuracy
- 41 mm Ø scale
- Tension meter with rugged aluminium housing
- Certificate of Compliance with the order 2.1 according EN 10204 is included
- Optionally available: Inspection Certificate 3.1 according EN 10204 with calibration report
1. Rollers of different widths are not interchangeable by the user.
2. The roller width should correspond with the width of the material to be measured.
Otherwise incorrect measuring results may occur and the instrument may be damaged.
SCHMIDT has the solution to any tension measuring problem! Please contact us to discuss your application requirements.
To assist you in selecting the right tension meter for your specific application, please furnish:
- Kind and dimensions of the material to be measured
- Expected tension range
- Material sample of about 5 m
|Measuring Head Width**|
|DXT-50||10 - 50||57||7|
|DXT-120||20 - 120||57||7,10,15,20,30|
|DXT-200||20 - 200||57||7,10,15,20,30|
|DXT-400||20 - 400||57||7,10,15,20,30|
|DXT-1000||100 - 1000||57||7,10,15,20,30,36,41,50|
|DXT-2000||200 - 2000||117||7,10,15,20,30,36,41,50|
|DXT-5000||400 - 5000||117||7,10,15,20,30,36,41,50|
|DXT-10K||2.5 - 10 daN||117||7,10,15,20,30|
|DXT-20K-L||5 - 20 daN||117||7,10,15,20|
Other tension ranges, measuring head widths and material path calibrations available on request. Other units of measure available - g or kg.
* SCHMIDT calibration horizontal lying; material textile ribbon or film, depending on tension range and roller width
** Outer distance between outside guide rollers
Important for your order: Please specify model and roller width!
Small dual-flanged outer guide rollers are standard. All 3 rollers can be equipped with one flange, if the material to be measured is wider than the rollers. Please request when you order.
Calibration to customized material:
If process material differs significantly from the SCHMIDT calibration material in diameter, rigidity or shape, special calibration using customer supplied samples is recommended. For this purpose a material sample of about 5 m should be supplied.
|Click to get larger image|
SCHMIDT scales are manufactured according to the most stringent quality requirements. Printed scales are not used. Instead, each scale is individually marked for the instrument involved. This ensures highest quality. Our special procedure makes it possible to provide tension meters
- calibrated to custom supplied material
- fine tuned to a specific tension range
- other units of measure such as g or kg
|7 mm||1000||Nickel-plated steel|
|10 mm||1000||Hardcoated aluminium|
|15 mm||1000||Hardcoated aluminium|
|20 mm||1000||Hardcoated aluminium|
|30 mm||1000||Hardcoated aluminium|
|36 mm||1000||Hardcoated aluminium|
|41 mm||1000||Hardcoated aluminium|
|50 mm||1000||Hardcoated aluminium|
Click the roller width, to get picture and drawing of the tape rollers*Other roller materials (nickel-plated steel or plastic), as well as spedial coatings (Code CF - for carbon fibre,
NAV optimized, Code KE - ceramic, Code AH - anti adhesive ) are available on request.
|Code A |
Click picture for more information
|Code L |
Click pictures for more information
|Code M |
Retains the highest measured value (Peak). Available for mechanical tension meters.
Calibration Report (optional)
|Calibration Report |
Inspection Certificate 3.1 according DIN EN 10204
Click picture for more information
|To place an order||Model with
Please indicate the com-
|Tension meter with carrying case, operating instruction in german or english (as requested), Certificate of Compliance with the order 2.1 according EN 10204 free of charge|
|Calibration:||According to SCHMIDT factory procedure|
|Accuracy:||±1 % full scale or ±1 graduation on scale|
|Scale diameter:||41 mm|
|Temperature range:||10 - 45 ºC|
|Air humidity:||85 % RH, max.|
|Housing material:||Die-cast aluminium|
|Dimensions:||See dimensions above|
|Weight, net (gross):||Approx. 520 g (1300 g)|
Specifications subject to change without notice!